Feeling very excited when I was thinking of a recipe of Pizza without an oven and yeast. Yes, I’m really feeling very enthusiastic.
Pizza is a savory dish of Italian cuisine, usually, round, flattened base of leavened flour-based dough topped with tomatoes, cheese, and often various other ingredients baked at a high temperature, traditionally in a wood-fired oven.
The first pizzeria opened in 1830 in Naples. Naples is also known as the capital of world pizza. In earlier days at Naples, people put the tomatoes on the bread and baked it. It is said that Chef Rafell prepared a three-color pizza, that is red, green, and white for queen Margherita. Thus this was the first pizza which was introduced to the world with the name of Pizza Margherita.
The special variety of tomatoes named San Marzano tomato is a very juicy and tasty tomato cultivated at Naples, which is being used in tomato sauce.
Generally, people consider that preparing pizza at home is not their cup of tea. So they generally get it from markets. But while we can prepare it at home, then why should we get it from the market.
I am preparing Tawa pizza at home considering that the oven is not available at every one home, yeast is also not the main ingredient of the regular kitchen. I replace the yeast with curd, baking powder, and baking soda. Hope you all will, like it!!!!
Let’s cook Tawa pizza, you can prepare it with minimum ingredients and in very less time.
Prep time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
For Pizza dough
- Curd – 2 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Plain flour – 1 cup (150 gm)
- Atta – 1/2 cup (75 gm)
- Water – 1/2 cup
For Pizza Sauce
- Tomato sliced – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Bayleaf – 1 no
- Garlic (chopped) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole Kashmiri chilli – 2 nos
- Onion (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Basil leaves – 4 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – a pinch
- Onion sliced – 1/4 cup
- Capsicum sliced – 1/4 cup
- Tomato sliced – 4-5 sliced
- Oregano – for topping
- Chilli flakes – to taste
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
- Take a bowl, mixed flour, atta, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and curd. Mix thoroughly, and add water slowly. knead to a smooth and soft dough. Grease oil covers with a wet cloth and keeps separate for resting the dough.
- Heat a pan, add oil, bay leaf, Kashmiri chilly, garlic, and onion. Saute and add sliced tomato.
- Cook well, add salt and sugar, and basil leaves. You can add water to prevent it from burning.
- Transfer in a bowl, allow it to cool, grind in a food processor for a smooth puree, and strain the sauce. Adjust seasoning.
- Knead the dough again making sure the dough is super soft. Pinch a ball sized dough and dust with maida.
- Evenly spread the dough with the help of a finger or you can use a rolling pin to roll gently and thinly as possible dusting maida as required.
- now, shape to around size fitting into a Tawa. prick using a fork, this helps to prevent puffing up.
- place the rolled pizza base into the Tawa.
- Heat the Tawa on a slow flame and place the rolled pizza base into the Tawa.
- Make sure it needs to cook on low flame to prevent burning.
- Cook the pizza base from both sides, and cook slightly more from one side.
- Spread pizza sauce and cheese evenly on the pizza base.
- Toss the vegetables and place them on the pizza base.
- Cover and simmer till the cheese melts completely or the base gets completely cooked.
- Sprinkle chilly flakes and oregano on pizza and garnish with basil leaves.
- Finally, slice the Tawa pizza and serve hot.
- Always knead the dough well else the pizza base will be chewy.
- Roll thin else the pizza base will not cook uniformly.
- Additionally, top with vegetables of your choice to make it more nutritious.
- Tawa pizza recipe needs to be cooked on low flame to prevent burning.