A pancake is a flat, thin, and round bread, prepared with eggs, milk, and butter. It is then cooked on a griddle or frying pan. It is probably the earliest and most widespread cereal food eaten in prehistoric societies.
The shape of the pancake may vary worldwide. In England, pancakes are often served as an unleavened crepe. In North America Pancake is served like thick and fluffy bread. In southeast Europe, a thin moist pancake is very famous, which is fried on both sides and filled with jam, cheese cream, chocolate, or ground walnuts. When buckwheat flour is used in a pancake batter it is known as Blinis Pancake.
Pancakes may be served at any time of the day with a variety of toppings or fillings but it is typically considered breakfast food.
I love the pancake and especially the chocolate pancake. The intense chocolate gives a mouthful flavor, therefore it is very much adorable by kids.
Prep time : 10 mins Cooking time : 15 mins Level : easy
- Egg – 2 nos
- Powdered sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Milk – 1-1/3 cups
- Butter (melted) – 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – a drop
- Flour – 2 cups
- Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Dark chocolate (grated/ chopped) – 1 cup
- Cream – 2 cup
- Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
1. In a bowl mix milk, vanilla essence, and sugar. Add egg and melted butter. Whisk properly. (If you are allergic to egg, you can remove the egg from the recipe and just increase the little amount of milk and baking powder)
2. Sieve the flour and mix with cocoa powder and baking powder.
3. Make a bay in the flour and pour the egg and milk mixture. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
4. Add the chopped chocolate in the pancake batter. Keep it aside for a few mins.
5. To make the chocolate sauce, heat cream in a saucepan and add choco chips. Mix well till the choco chips melt. Remove from heat and keep aside.
6. Heat a pan over medium heat.
7. Add butter and pour a ladle of pancake batter.
8. As the bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake from the top side, flip and cook it from another side.
9. Transfer the pancake to a serving plate. Garnish with castor sugar.
10. Serve hot with chocolate sauce, maple syrup, whipped cream, and fruits.